9 Facts You Should Know About Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer is a medical issue that affects majorly women. It is an epidemic that has become a worldwide concern.
As October is breast cancer awareness month annually, we have decided to put together some shocking facts about breast cancer that you may be unaware of.
Here are 9 facts about breast cancer.
1. Breast Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the US and the first leading cause of cancer death among women globally.
2. One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
2. Almost every two minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.
4. Every minute, somewhere in the world, a woman dies from breast cancer. That’s more than 1,400 women every day.
5. Obesity is a known risk factor for breast cancer. That’s because estrogen is carried in fat cells. The more fat cells that are present, the more estrogen is in the body.
6. Women who get regularly screened for breast cancer have a 47% lower risk of dying from the disease compared to those who don’t.
7. Breast cancer might not cause a lump, especially when it first develops.
8. Women with cancer in one breast have a 3- to 4-fold increased risk of developing a new cancer in the other breast or in another part of the same breast.
9. Although it is rare, men also get breast cancer.