Simi Adejumo popularly known as Simi Drey is a Nigerian OAP, actress, model and TV presenter.
She took home the prize for Best OAP (TV/Radio) at The Future Africa Awards 2019.
The annual event seeks to celebrate and accelerate innovation, creativity, and enterprise amongst young Africans aged 18-31.
Here are some facts you should know about her.
1. Simi Drey is from Ibadan, Oyo State but was raised in London.
2. She graduated with a First Class degree in Broadcasting, Journalism and media communications from the University of Wales.
3. She first made the decision to move back to Nigeria after she had her internship at HITV in Lagos during summer vacation.
4. She finally decided to move back home in November 2015.
5. Her first paid presenting job was at CoolTV although her first media job was at a radio station in Wales called Calon FM.
6. She currently works as an OAP at Beat Fm. She is also a Presenter at 53 Extra.
7. She has acted in Tinsel, ‘The Governor’ ‘Happy Father’s Day’ and the sequel ‘Another Father’s Day’.
8. She won the Trek African Woman of the Year Award in 2015 and was nominated as Best Actor in a TV Series by the Maya Awards Africa in 2017.
9. At 21, she is the youngest recipient yet of the Future Africa Awards.
10. She is rumoured to have dated ex-BBNaija star, Uti Nwachukwu