Halima Abubakar is a Nigerian actress, producer, entrepreneur and philantropist.
Here are some facts you probably didn’t know about her.
1. Halima Abubakar was born on June 12, 1985, in Kano.
2. She is the third child in her family.
3. She is an origin of Kogi state.
4. She graduated from Bayero University with a degree in Sociology.
5. Her acting career began in 2001 with a minor role in Rejected.
6. Her first lead role was in the movie, Gangster Paradise.
7. She has acted in over 150 movies some of which include Slip of Fate, Tears of a Child, Secret Shadows, Gangster Paradise, Area Mama, Men in Love, Okafor’s Law, Men in Love, Return of White Hunters, Dangerous Ivy, and Entrapped.
8. Halima made her debut as an executive producer in the movie, Mistresses.
9. She is the CEO of Morehouse Entertainment, a music label, and talent management company.
10. She has an NGO called ‘Halima Abubakar Foundation for the Poor’, which focuses on helping people without food.
11. She is a youth ambassador for Kogi State.
12. Halima has won several awards some of which include Afro Hollywood Best Actress award in 2011, Actors Guild Icons Award for Best Actress, Global Leadership Award Best Actress Award, Eminent Awards Best Actress Award and City People Entertainment Best Actress Award. She also won Celebrity Personality of the year award by Nigerian Gold Face Awards in 2019.
13. She was named Brand Ambassador for fashion brand, Cagzin Fashion & Hair in Abuja in August 2019.
14. She underwent a major fibroid surgery in India in 2017.
15. She was in a coma for three days in March 2018.
16. She was once best friends with fellow actress, Tonto Dikeh.