11 Things You Didn’t Know About Late Event Planner, Ibidun Ighodalo
It was a black Sunday in Nigeria with the sad news of the death of renowned events planner Ibidun Ighodalo who is also the wife of Trinity house pastor, Ituah Ighodalo.
Reports say she died of a cardiac arrest at her hotel room in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
She had been involved in setting up isolation centers in different states in the country and just flew into Port-Harcourt on Friday.
Here are some quick facts about her.
1. She was born Ibidunni Ajayi and was the fifth child of eight children.
2. She attended K-Kotun primary school and Federal Government Girls College, Oyo State for her secondary education.
3. She graduated with a degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos.
4. Ibidun won the first-ever Miss Lux in 1999 which brought her into limelight.
5. She founded Elizabeth R, a PR and events management company in 2003.
6. She launched her luxury 4000-capacity event centre ‘The Dorchester’ in 2014. She also had a Bridal store ‘Avant Grade’ launched in 2016.
7. She met her husband, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo at a wedding where she was the chief bridesmaid.
8. They got married on February 16, 2007, and recently celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary.
9. They have two children, a boy, and a girl via adoption
10. Her struggles with infertility and 11 failed IVF procedures led her to set up her foundation called Ibidun Ighodalo Foundation.
11. Her events company was responsible for decorating Lagos during Christmas/Festive seasons.