13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burna Boy’s Girlfriend, Stefflon Don
Stefflon Don is a UK rapper, singer and songwriter.
Her reported romance with artiste, Burna Boy made her popular in Nigeria as little was relatively known about her before then.
Rumours went viral on social media Monday, August 26 that she and the Afrobeats artiste had ended their relationship because he cheated on her with his ex-Princess Shyngle.
She has however reacted to the news saying it was untrue.
Here are 13 things to know about her.
- Her real name is Stephanie Victoria Allen and she was born 14 December 1991.
- She is of Jamaican descent but was born in Birmingham, England.
At the age of five, she relocated to Rotterdam in the Netherlands with her parents and six siblings, before moving back to the UK to live in London at 14 years old.
She recorded a “Hard Knock Life” hook for a rapper called Unique at the age of 9. The song was however not released.Advertisement
Don first surfaced in 2015 by releasing a cover of Wretch 32’s “Six Words,” and also featured on tracks such as Lethal Bizzle’s “Wobble,” Sneakbo’s “Work” remix and Angel’s Hop-On.
She released her first mixtape titled Real Ting in 2016 while her second mixtape Secure was released in August 2018.
She shot into limelight however in 2017 with the hit single “Hurtin’ Me” with American rapper French Montana. The official video has over 43 million views on YouTube.
8. The EP ‘Hurtin Me’, which was her debut reached number 7 on the UK Singles Chart.
- Her first breakout hit was called ’16 Shots’. The Caribbean-themed song currently has over 20 million views on YouTube.
- Don is said to be worth around £1.2 million following her record deal with Universal Music Group’s Polydor label in 2017.
She took home the award for Best Female at the 2017 MOBO Awards and the Best New Artist at The NME Awards in 2018.
She has a son whom she gave birth to when she was 17 years old.
- She confirmed she was dating Afro-Pop singer, Burna Boy in February 2019.