How To Prepare Fufu Using A Blender
Many people detest fufu a lot, most times, because of the odour. However, Cassava Fufu recipe with a blender will help you get rid of that odour.
Prepare your Cassava fufu meal with a blender in these easy steps:
Ingredients and Utensils
- Cassava tubers (You can get them from the market)
- Water is used for blending the cassava tubers and when separating the cassava fufu from the cassava starch.
- Cooking pot
- Big bowls
- Chiffon cloth for sieving
- Wooden spatula
- Peel the cassava tuber.
- Rinse properly and cut into small pieces or grate it.
- Put in a blender and blend to make it smooth.
- Sieve with a chiffon cloth to remove the very fine cassava starch. Rinse with clean water as you sieve till all the starch has been washed off the chaff.
- The chaff left in the chiffon cloth is the odourless Cassava Fufu. The one in the bowl is used to prepare your swallow meal.
Preparing the Fufu Meal
- Put the Cassava Fufu in a clear pot and place on fire.
- Set it on medium heat and stir with the wooden spatula till it gets hot.
- Add drops of water and continue to stir until the Cassava Fufu turns to an off-white colour.
- Add some more drops of water, cover the pot and allow it to heat up.
- As soon as it steams, mix well with the wooden spatula until it gets smooth.
Finally, serve with your favourite soup. Watch the video tutorial below for more visual instructions on how to prepare your Cassava fufu recipe: