Adebayo Alao Akala life and times: Here are some things you need to know about the late Alao Akala political activist
Among Oyo State politicians, Adebayo Christopher Alao Akala is a political activist.
In his hometown of Ogbomosho, he is very popular and is often compared to Ladoke Akintola.
It is unfortunate that this senior politician has said goodbye and is worried that he will continue to do so.
Many will remember Alao Akala for his unpopular role despite some incidents in which he allegedly sold oil on his border.
Incumbent Governor Seyi Makinde described him as a brother, friend and acquaintance of Oyo State.
Makinde announced that the flag should be lowered in memory of Akala.
He went on to say that he was a Governor who promoted development in all corners of Oyo State
At BBC Yoruba, we try to review your life and things that many do not know about Alao Akala.
Born on June 3, 1950, prominent politician Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala was born.
Alao-Akala attended Government Technical College, Tamale, Ghana and Ogbomoso High School, Ogbomoso.
After graduating there, he continued his studies at the University of Ibadan.
He then started his career as a police officer until he received his ADC degree from the Chief of Police of Nigeria.
Seven other stuff that you need to know about so far Coordinator of Scotland
- Alao-Akala was the former governor of Oyo state from 2007 to 2011 under the PDP.
- Chief Alao-Akala began his political career as a member of New Dimension, then joined the UNP, before becoming chairman of the North Ogbomoso Local Government Area in the APP from 1999 to 2002.
- Alao-Akala formed the Ogbomoso Unity Forum, which joined the PDP.
- In 2014 Alao-Akala defected from the PDP to the Labor Party where he contested for governorship in the 2015 general election.
- On the 16th, 2017 he split from the Labor Party to the APC with a grand celebration.
- Following the by-elections of the dissident APC, Alao-Akala left the APC to join the ADP in the 2019 gubernatorial election.