The harmattan season is finally upon up and with it comes some health implications that can lead to sickness if precautions are not taken.
Generally known as a dry and dusty time of the year characterized by a temperature which is cold in most places, but can also be hot in certain places, depending on local circumstances.
During the harmattan season, there are several health issues one can come across, ranging from dry and cracking skin to nose bleeds.
Here are some things you can do to ensure you remain in good health throughout the season.
1. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
2. Wash your eyes regularly to avoid red eyes which is common during harmattan
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a mask or towel when it is dusty.
4. Avoid or reduce outdoor activities, especially if you have allergies.
5. Stay indoors to avoid dust inhalation of harmful particles coming with the wind
6. Wear clothes that keep your body warm.
7. Come to the clinic if you have red, itchy, and watery eyes.
8. Get medical help if you have running, itchy, sneezing, and stuffy nose.
9. Keep the doors and windows closed.
10. Always use moisturizers to prevent dry skin and dry palms
11. Use lip balm to prevent cracked lips.