How to Apply for Nigeria’s Passport Via Your Mobile Phone
The Ministry of Interior on Thursday, April 28, announced new improved processes on how to apply for a passport.
The ministry, currently led by Rauf Aregebesola, also in a tweet called on Nigerians to provide feedback on their application process to help improve user experience .
Under the new improved system, you can start your passport application via a smartphone or computer.
Applying for a passport is now easy and simple!
Visit https://t.co/cGXuwIOBcD on your phone or computer to get started.
— Ministry of Interior (@MinOfInteriorNG) April 28, 2022
Nigeria passport: Here is how to apply:
- Visit http://passport.immigration.gov.ng
- Upon opening the website, you will be prompted to click on the Continue button or click on Apply from outside Nigeria if you are applying from outside the country .
- Note that the new Passport Application Portal is for applicants applying from within Nigeria.
- Click on Start New Application
- Click on Applying for Fresh passport or Renew/Re-issue Passport (if you are renewing your passport)
- Proceed to fill in other required information
- Click continue to complete passport application form online
- Make payment (also online) and obtain Application ID and Reference Number
- Print out Guarantor’s form (using Application ID and Reference number) to be signed by a guarantor and commissioner of oath in a competent court
- Submit completed passport application form with other requirements in person at passport office selected during online payment process for further processing.